Thursday, September 15, 2011

We Will Trust in You

We went today for our routine visits to both my OB and my Specialist. We thought they would cancel today's appointment since they saw us Tuesday, but they were adamant about keeping them. As indicated in my last post, I have been experiencing a lot of discomfort and pain in the past week. On Tuesday, we learned Elizabeth was breech and that could be the source of the discomfort. Today, the ultrasound indicated she had flipped back down and the discomfort has not eased. After a more extensive ultrasound, we discovered since Tuesday, my cervix has shortened considerably, at least what was left, which wasn't much. In addition, the funneled membranes are larger opening the way for her head to drop into them and as of today, they were bulging at my stitch.

There was discussion about readmission, but after further conversation, we agreed I would come on home and just notify them of even the smallest of issues I see or feel. The concensus between both doctors is that Elizabeth Grace could come any day now. They feel my body is beginning to transition into possible labor, but again, we have no way of knowing, only The Great Physician does.

They don't do measurements but every 4 weeks, which means they will measure her again in 2 weeks if I'm still pregnant. However, based on her measurements 2 weeks ago, they estimate her to be at or near 2 pounds. Her heart looks wonderful, she is very active indicating good lung development (for 25 weeks), and she is opening and closing her mouth indicating she is swallowing well. All of these things indicate she is doing really well. Of course, we do not want to deliver her this early, but realize, along with our doctors, we have fought a great fight for her, essentially saving her little life having gotten this far. I take none of that for granted, but continue to pray for many more weeks with her in my belly.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, Elizabeth Grace's plan has already been designed and has been from the very beginning. For that, we will continue to trust in Him to carry out His plan, not ours. Selfishly, I am begging with all my heart and a million tears for God to let me hang on to her longer in my womb. However, I know, and I trust in Him to carry out His plan and provide our hearts with all we need to accept that plan and walk alongside of Him with Elizabeth Grace singing His praises. We will be at Northside and they have one of the leading NICU's in the country. They took such wonderful care of William and we know they'll do nothing less for our Elizabeth. As for how she will be delivered will not be decided until that time is here. My OB and Specialist agree there will be many factors, the greatest being her position as to if I have a c-section or not as well as how far I really do get with her. Until I am much further along (32 weeks or further) they acknowledge my desire to have her c-section to minimize pressure on her soft little head.

Please continue to pray for my sweet family. Although I am in quite a bit of discomfort, it isn't about me. Right now, I live each moment praying for all three of my children, their hearts, and for my amazing husband. It would be so easy to dwell in my own sorrow and self-pity, but I can't do that. As I type this, I am sad, I am scared, but I'm not alone. I am loved by an amazing God who has truly proven Himself faithful. I am comforted in a peace that surpasses all, and as a family, we remain honored to have been chosen to travel this journey. Until we meet our Elizabeth Grace face to face, we will continue to trust in Him, His will, and His many promises to us.

I will sign off and leave you with some more 3D pictures of Elizabeth Grace.

Psalm 139:13-14

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment