Wednesday, February 9, 2011

He Who Holds My Hand

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day today. One more reminder of who holds my hand. As we travel this journey called life, sometimes you find you are weaker than you think. I like to think I stand on two solid feet, and am able to face any challenge with grace. However, right now, I feel like I'm stumbling through these days. Let me point out, I'm blessed beyond belief. I'm thankful for all I have and more so for the ability to be able to devote 100% of myself to my children and my husband. That does not mean, I'm walking or stumbling with grace.

I know during my greatest of challenges, He does hold my hand. However, sometimes I feel I am tugging at his hand in an effort to remain in control and try to fix it all by myself. One of my favorite songs reminds me that despite our challenges or trials, God will show up just in time. I guess right now, I'm weak in my Faith and need to be reminded more that I'm not in control, He is. He not only holds my hand, but He is holding the hands of my children when I can't. I have to trust in Him to be there when I'm not, and to give them the wisdom they need to grow in Him and to walk in His ways. Maybe I should take that advise for myself?

Being a mom is hard. Even more difficult, when as a mom, you have to release one string at a time and allow your "babies" to soar on their own wings. Why is this part of being a mom so hard?

I guess it's one of those days. It is beautiful outside and I'm living a beautiful life. That doesn't mean clouds won't show up every now and then. Bring on the rain, because I know He is holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment